Monday, May 30, 2016

WEEK 8


Hey Everyone!!
 
      Trinidad is pretty sweet! I've really enjoyed it so far. I'm in an area called Couva, it's alot more quiet and nicer than Guyana. Guyana is nice but Trinidad might be better. Other missionaires say they like Guyana better cuz it's easier missionary work and you would usually get a baptism but I like Trinidad. The work is a little harder but the people I've met are incredible and I'm up to the challenge haha. It's also nice having a nicer place to stay at, like having a hot shower instead of a cold bucket and having a big bed, and a companion that will cook for me haha. So I'm really liking it so far, my companion is really helping me too. He's been out longer so he knows how to train a little better. Teaching people is becoming easier and is fun in a way. I've felt the spirit here alot more than I have been so that really helps with everything, and being able to listen to that spirit is really important.
      We had zone conference this week, where the whole zone comes and meets and learns. I learned a bunch, Pres Egbert taught us about temples and family work with in the temple. It really made me want to go to the temple after it haha. I'm glad I was able to go to the temple in the Domician Republic when I was in the mtc too. I see the importance of the temples in a whole new way. 
      We stay pretty busy here, we work and work and work some more. It gets tiring but it helps alot cuz this last week went by so fast! I've really enjoyed hearing people's stories and experiences here too. In Guyana, one of the members shared this scripture with me and I really like it. It helps remind me why I am here. D&C 18: 10-16. it tells how impotant touching the heart of one soul, and that one soul can change other lives and its like a ripple effect. All that could come from me and that's what's cool. So out here even if I could only be able to bring one person to christ, it would be worth it cuz you never know what that can lead into. So I encourge everyone to read that.
      But I miss everyone so much and I hope everyone is doing great!
 
Love- Elder Colton Bastian
 
letters- PO Bag 543
valsayn
trinidad and tobago

packages- 1 morequito ave
valpark shopping mall plaza Bldg #10
valsayn
trinidad
trinidad and tobago

No comments:

Post a Comment