Monday, May 1, 2017

WEEK 57


Baptism!!

hey everyone!!
So this week was pretty eventful for a change. First it was super hot outside!! It's like hard to breathe sometimes cuz the humidity is reeally thick. even the trinis say it's way hot. But that doesn't stop us! We were out in the sun all week trying to find some new people to teach. We spent a lot of hours in the sun. I don't mind my tan is sure getting better haha
One of the highpoints of the week is to be able to see Ann baptized!!! It was awesome to see the change in her and come unto the gospel. I started teaching her during Christmas but they dropped her cuz she wasn't progressing. But when I got back to Couva the second day my comp and I got an impression to start teaching her again. so we did and the spirit has been working in her life big time. The spirit really prepared her for this baptism. Every time we go and teach her the lessons are always great and now she is baptized! I know I came back to Couva for a reason and I know it was cuz of Ann I came back. She says she finally understands the gospel and she knows this church is true. So I'm very grateful I was able to help Ann.
Other news I am leaving Couva. yep transfer calls. I will be going to Tobago. It's a small island off of Trinidad. It will only be me and Elder Vance on the island so it's going to be pretty interesting. We have to Skye into district meetings. So we are pretty isolated from everyone haha. But it'll be great. I have to say goodbye to the people I have in Couva... again haha  Once again hard to say goodbye to friends I've made in the community.
We had a lot at sacrament meeting which is nice. There was 91 so that's a ton here. Last Sunday here and it was a great one.
Well have a great week everyone! I recently read Moroni 9:6 , talks about labor diligently. So I know even if it may seem hard as we labor diligently and work hard we will see those blessings in our life. So don't give up in what ever you are doing, continue to rely on Christ cuz He will be the one to help you through anything. I love you all! till next time.
elder colton bastian
one love!

pics-
ata boat dock
missionary pic
baptism!!
when they tell you to contact everyone you meet haha so we met Fred

AT THE BOAT DOCK IN STYLE

LOVE THIS PICTURE!  MISSIONARY LIFE AT IT'S BEST

BAPTISM WITH ANN...THE REASON I CAME BACK TO COUVA

WELL HELLO THERE FRED, I'M ELDER BASTIAN...

CAN I SHOW YOU HOW YOU CAN BE CONNECTED MORE WITH OUR HEAVENLY FATHER?
WOW....THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN SEARCHING FOR MY WHOLE LIFE.....SO HAPPY THIS ELDER CAME MY WAY....I SEE THE LIGHT NOW!!!!!

THIS IS FROM SISTER CHANKA......LAST TIME WITH MY COMPANION...I WILL MISS ALL OF YOU AND MANY THANKS TO YOU SISTER CHANKA FOR ALWAYS MAKING SURE I WAS TAKEN CARE OF. HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON!

No comments:

Post a Comment