Monday, December 12, 2016

WEEK 37


Hey everyone!!

This week was pretty great! We had zone meeting this week at the mission home and they talked a lot about obedience. It was good, it's a greeat reminder to always stay obedient especially the little things. As we stay obedient as missionaries we will see the great blessings that come from it. 
Also I was able to experience an earthquake here!!! I heard it was like a 6.2 but I'm sure if that was a lie but it was a big one tho I could feel the ground shaking and the chair I was sitting on was moving it was a cool experience! haha


PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad (CMC) — An earthquake with a magnitude of 6.2 rocked Trinidad and Tobago on Tuesday evening sending people into the streets and throwing items of the shelves of some stores and supermarkets.


This last week two people in Couva got baptized!! I started teaching Antonio and Ariel too. I even extended the date to them when I was there. So I was able to see them get baptized, even tho I don't serve there anymore, I was able to help them a lot to baptism so it was a great experience to see them baptize and change.


We did service and I'm getting pretty good at mixing concrete now haha I've done it so many times now but it's always a good time when I get to do that! The ward also put on a show Saturday for Christmas it was a really nice play. It was about the birth of Christ and they did a good job of acting it out.

Other than that not too much happened haha it's getting closer and closer to Christmas and I can't wait. Even tho there is no snow and it's about 80 degrees everyday I can see a little of the Christmas spirit here. haha some people are putting lights up so that's always great to see.
Continue to remember what Christmas is all about and the meaning behind it. This time of the year is great, especially as we help others during this time. Show the Christmas love.

have a great week!
one love!
Elder Colton Bastian

PEACE OUT!


SIDE CONVERSATION BETWEEN ME AND MOM:

ME: So I got the Skye info so that good!! idk what I'll be able too on the time of day.. I'm not sure what the day will be like, I will try to let you know tho. I should get the package this week then! So thank you so much for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It sounds like you have been having fun! There's a movie called magnificent 7 I bet dad would want to watch that haha and that's cool you went to see Keelie!

MOM: What is up with that earthquake??? That's scary

ME: It was cool haha you should look it up

MOM: It says the last time having an earthquake at this magnitude was back in 1997. YOU WERE 1 and it was 6.2 dang!!!

ME: And ask gma if she knows a Nebeker that served here on mission not too long ago

MOM: Ok I will

No comments:

Post a Comment