Tuesday, January 2, 2018

WEEK 92


2018!!! happy new year

hey everyone

1 happy new year. I don't know where the year has went haha
First week in Guyana has been amazing. It's great to be back in one of my old areas. So many familiar faces and a lot of new ones too, not a lot of people remember but I don't blame them haha it was like 19-20 months ago.
I am on bikes again and it feels good. I am definitely out of shape but it has been great to be on bikes. It has rained every day since I have been here, so the roads are all muddy. It's been funny riding on the trails in the mud and on the small bridges.

We are teaching a lot of awesome people, a lot that are prepared. They are super humble and want to learn and want to change. We had an investigator named Marlon we were teaching and this guy came in and wanting to bash with us and disprove us but Marlon testified about the Book of Mormon and how he knows it is true. So that was cool to see him (an investigator) stick up for what he believes in. The guy couldn't say too much more, he wants to be baptized but wants to makes those changes in his life first.
I have a lot of other great stories that I could tell right now but you'll have to wait till I come home. But everyday on the mission continues to confirm to me that this church is true, the gospel of Jesus Christ is true and as we follow the commandments we will be blessed. As we read the scriptures the holy ghost will bear witness to us that the words are true just like how Marlon has experienced. Also as we strive for the holy ghost in our lives, it will bring the most comfort peace happiness we could have. Everyday is a blessing and an opportunity, it's just how we use it and how we spend it. I love you all and have a great week.

love elder bastian

road we bike in Guyana

cook up (rice , chana, bean like things, some meat. something like that) and chicken foot, with juice

cow face pepper pot, (food dish that is interesting but pretty good)

monkey

No comments:

Post a Comment