Monday, November 20, 2017

WEEK 86


Thanksgiving week!

Hey everyone!

So this last week was a really great week! My companion and I have been working and working. We have been able to see the fruits of our labor. We have been finding great people who are prepared for the gospel. We have been teaching them and they are great new investigators. Also we have a lot of solid people progressing towards baptism. They are great... one is Stefon, he is awesome. He started going to seminary this last week and he enjoys it, he loves church. He wasn't able to come yesterday so he said "I'm a little sour about that" haha he really wanted to come. He has been praying about baptism and studying about it. Last night we were teaching the gospel of Jesus Christ and he was understanding really well about faith and repentance. We got to baptism and he told us he was meaning to tell us something, he said "I was reading about baptism and I learned so much more about it, I want to be baptized on the 9th of December. I want to come closer to God and have the Holy Ghost in my life." So that was really awesome to see the desire he has. I'm pretty grateful for that and excited for his baptism.

So this week Elder Nance is leaving to go home cuz his mission is up. He is leaving a few days so he can see his brother before he leaves on his mission. So since he's going we got early transfer calls. So with all the success we have been having I am leaving the area... they are closing the area down cuz Trinidad still won't let missionaries in so there wasn't really any choice. Some other elders will be covering their area and ours. But I am pretty sad to be leaving. We were seeing a lot of good things happening. But I know everything will work out. I'll be going to Arima with Elder Hill. He is the youngest in the mission field in Trinidad so that's going to be fun working with him.

This week we are going to the Egbert's for Thanksgiving so that's going to be great! Also today we are going to a member Sister Persad to have thanksgiving dinner there as well.
 
last week we went to pitch lake and it was pretty fun and cool to see!
thanks all for this week. 
alma 49. continue to fortify yourselves against the things of the world
love elder bastian 


pitch lake behind us the lake. It's water and asphalt it just comes from the ground. They take some out the next day it is back again. They make grounds and stuff from it. It's one of the wonders of the world.

we went to the museum as well

some cheesecake our investigator made and lots more than this one








No comments:

Post a Comment