Wednesday, February 14, 2018

WEEK 98


carnival week!

hey everyone!

The last couple days were carnival so everything was closed.
this week was pretty good.
We had some great lessons with a lot of people. we went through the Joseph Smith history with a less active member and it was such a spiritual experience to see what she was able to learn from Joseph Smith's experience. I've read that so many times but she taught me some new things from it.

We had a lesson with a man named Atiba, he is really seeking for the truth. We shared the restoration video with him and he was like wow it all makes sense, he said he really has to study and pray to really know that heavenly father and Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph Smith. But he is really seeking for that truth and wants to know as well, such a great desire just like the scriptures say if ye shall seek ye shall find and I know he will find.

We have been teaching a nice lady named Dionyese for a little while now and she is getting baptized this Saturday!!! She has been coming to church for a while now and has been really patient. She is so excited and I am really happy for her.
Also a few minutes before sacrament meeting the branch president asked me if I could talk in sacrament. Of course I said yes. I wasn't sure what to talk about so as we were sitting and singing the opening song I said a quiet prayer asking for the help and guidance of the holy ghost. A thought came in my head to talk about prayer. I'm not sure why but I got that prompting to. I was able to give the talk. I shared my personal example with prayer and how we can gain that relationship with him as we pray. I know my words were guided by the holy ghost. Starting of the mission I know there was no way I could have done that. I am grateful for the guidance of the spirit and learning to trust in the promptings and also in Him. 

The past two days was carnival so a lot of craziness haha so Monday we had a few lessons and then we chilled with the branch. We played cricket and basketball . It was a ton of fun! 

take care!
elder bastian





No comments:

Post a Comment